Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Garden office insurance

Below is a query from a reader of Shedworking - can anyone help? I've suggested Business Home Insurance or Swinton who have kind of targeted the shed/garden office market in press releases so maybe would be more amenable to offering cover. But if you've had good or bad experiences with other insurers, please leave a comment
Essentially I have about £10,000 worth of computer equipment as I am running my production company from a little swanky shed on my smallholding. I have been finding it very hard to get insurance cover for the contents (computers with editing software mainly). I also have a shipping container where cameras, etc, are stored securely, but it is the shed that is the problem. I have had 4 brokers refuse to insure me so far and was wondering if you know of anyone I might approach as I am sure there must be someone somewhere who has already sorted out this quandry?


  1. HI Alex

    I also have the same problem, I want to build a log cabin to use as an office in the garden and am trying to find an insurance company that will insure for my equipment, I have computer and photographic lights.


  2. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I too are finding it impossible to find an insurer that will cover the contents of our office. Just because the whole building is may of timber.

  3. I have insurance companies that will look at this for you