Monday, October 15, 2007
Mira Katbamna reports in today's Guardian about a survey from VOiP experts Inclarity which suggests that, as Mira puts it, "large numbers of us fear harassment from our bosses as a result of ... mobile working. We might be sitting in the park, it might be Saturday, but those always-on laptops and mobiles are keeping us chained to our metaphorical desks, if not to our actual ones. In fact, Inclarity found that 40% of us said that being permanently contactable by boss or clients puts us off owning a single device for calls and emails. Presumably the other 60% of us are already CrackBerry addicts." I'd be interested in what other shedworkers and homeworkers thought about this subject.
Posted by Alex Johnson at 11:02 AM