Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Garden office insurance: Henshalls

One of the most frequent queries we receive here at Shedworking is about insurance for garden offices. While your current home and contents insurer may be able to help, many readers find that they come up against a brick wall/unsympathetic ear when they mention what they're after. So over the next few weeks, we'll be posting on this topic from both the insurers' and shedworkers' points of view.

We're starting off by featuring Shropshire-based Henshalls Insurance Brokers following various recommendations of their garden office insurance services on Twitter from happy customers. One of their specialist areas is business insurance for SMEs and say there has been an explosion in the number of enquiries they receive from homeworkers. Here's what they say:
"One of the contracts that is proving to be very popular for our clients in terms of premium and cover is the ‘Homeworking’ package with which we have been successfully placing cover for people operating from a garden office. In general, cover is subject to the construction of the office being substantial with suitable locking devices and ongoing maintenance, especially in respect of flat, felt on timber roofing and electrical wiring. It is usual for Insurers to apply a higher excess in respect of storm cover and a warranty in respect of flat roof inspection."

Henshalls say the policy already includes most covers you would expect in a full commercial policy (e.g. business contents and stock, goods in transit, legal expenses etc), with options to extend to include home insurance, commercial liabilities, and personal accident.

You can contact Henshalls on 01743 231091 or and they're also on Twitter as @Henshalls
Wednesday posts are sponsored by The Stable Company®, the UK's premier supplier of garden offices and garden rooms. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment