Yes, it could. The 2009 Home Business Awards run by home business website and close friend of Shedworking, Enterprise Nation, are now open for entry. There are five categories with thousands of pounds worth of profile and prizes to be won. Deadline date for entry is November 6 with winners being announced at the Enterprise Nation Conference on Home Enterprise Day on November 20 (an event which all members of the Shedworking staff will be attending).
Now in their third year, the Home Business Awards are the biggest and the best when it comes to rewarding businesses being started and grown from home. They’ve kept the same four categories as in previous years, as well as adding a new one to recognise the increasing trend that’s seeing people ‘Working 5 to 9’, holding down a day job and building the business at nights and weekends.
Of the five categories, the one shedworkers will be most interested in is the Home Office of the Year so please do enter your garden office (the others are Home Business of the Year, Home Business Couple of the Year, Young Home Business Owner of the Year, and The 5 to 9 Home Business). By entering you are automatically in the running to win the title 'Home Business of the Year' but you can also tick a box to apply for any or all of the categories.
It's free to enter and winners will receive some amazing prizes including:
* Prominent profile on the Enterprise Nation site and in a national newspaper
* Thousands of pounds worth of prizes in home office supplies and technology from companies including Regus, Staples, HP, Douwe Egberts, Access Storage and Moneypenny
* A brand review with top creative agency, Jump To, who act for a number of home grown businesses such as New Covent Garden Food, Tyrrells and Bacheldre Mill
* Free entry to the Enterprise Nation Conference
* A romantic get-away break for the Home Business Couple of the Year!
Joining Emma Jones (Founder, Enterprise Nation) on the judging panel will be Rachel Bridge, Enterprise Editor, The Sunday Times; Mark Dixon, Chief Executive & Founder, Regus; and Karen and Mike Hollands, co-founders of Toniks and 2008 Home Business of the Year
To enter, simply click here to download and complete the one page form. To get you in the mood, pictured above is The Contemporary California Shed by Stephen Strugala for the Secrets of Shed Building design competition.