This month, Shedworking's Calm Editor Heather Bestel asks, are you a Busy Bee?
Shedworking means that you have to motivate yourself to get your daily tasks done. But do you ever find that you’ve been working all day without making the tiniest of dents in your to-do list? We can fill our whole work day with busyness but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve been productive. Here are our seven steps to getting things done:More stressbusting advice from Heather at her site here.
1. Think about what you want to accomplish
2. Set a reward for yourself (this could be a snack, a coffee break, a wander round the garden) this will keep you motivated and inspired.
3. Shut out any distractions – switch on the answer machine and switch off facebook and twitter
4. Start small with short periods of time (like 30-45 mins)
5. Focus on only that activity
6. Keep going until you achieve it
7. Celebrate with your reward - then you can set your next priority.