“This year, smarter working is more relevant than ever. With the recession biting hard, businesses have to find ways of improving productivity, and smarter working practices are an integral part of the solution.”The themed days this year are:
* Mobile Office Day (Tuesday, May 12) – to encourage people to work while on the move, instead of travelling to a central office
* Remote Office Day (Wednesday, May 13) – urging people to consider serviced office space, touch down centres or even hot spots such as coffee shops
* Virtual Meeting Day (Thursday, May 14) – all about conducting meetings by audio or video conferencing or going online instead of travelling to meetings
* National Work from Home Day (Friday, May 15) – this will encourage people to work from home on that day, instead of commuting to their usual place of work
* Smarter Travel Day (Monday, May 18) – asks people to experiment with travel outside peak times
As in previous years, Shedworking will be doing its bit, especially on the Friday when we'll be doing our usual running commentary on the day's work, this year with extra added babycare thrown into the mix.